Tuesday 14 June 2011

Fated to meet again

I didn't think much of fate before this year. Sure, you see plots in movies and novels all the time that childhood friends were reunited after a few decades, but I never thought that it would happen to me.

When I just came to Canada and didn't know much English, my first friend was also a Chinese girl who spoke both languages, and helped me get through my first year. However, due to her father's work, she had to move away to the America the next year.
We quickly lost touch after that, and I didn't think I would be able to see her again.

But as fate has it, I came across her again at Great Lake Crossing Outlet over at America just last Christmas, seven years later.
Although I recognized her, I didn't have the courage to approach her...just in case I was wrong.
As it turned out, she approached me instead, and we ended up having a lengthy catch-up-to-date conversation.

Of course, both of us are extremely busy with our own school work, so we have not contacted each other since then, but I'm sure that someday, fate will let us meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment